Tuesday, February 12, 2008

FRUSTATED





Ok, so after my post about LOVING french fries yesterday, I decided that I was going to start back up at the gym, again...because I'm feeling like a heffer and I'm not very happy about it, probably becaseu I'm freaking addicted to french fries. So I went to the gym and worked out for like 45 min and didn't feel great, but I didn't feel worse...yet.

I work out at Fitness Works and I see LOTS of people working with the trainers there, so I decided to talk to one of them and see what the prices were, etc. So I'm talking to this trainer, his name was Brian, very nice by the way. He starts asking me all these questions, about my health, what I eat....needless to say I was embarassed about the french fry addiction. He then says "Ok, it's time to weigh you and take your measurements" What the...?? In front of everyone?? Oh yes, that's right. Have you ever had the fat test where they pinch your fat in all sorts of places?? That was me, public humiliation 101. So after going through all of that mental and emotional torment, he says "I think I can really help you, give me 4 months and I can have you down to your ideal weight, if not training sessions will be free until you get there." I'm thinking OK, sounds good, 4 months and justin time for summer, not bad! Then he lowered the BOOM on me..."3 training sessions a week for 4 months comes to...$2400!" WHAT?? 2400 freaking dollars?? You could buy a car for that....not a great one, but a car! So he then proceeds to tell me that I get one complimentary session for free and then I can decide if I want to sign up.


Needless to say I went home more depressed than when I got there, I could almost see myself in my skinny jeans again, and then he had to yank them away with his price! I'm meeting with him again tomorrow for my free session, and I'm gonna see if I can't use my charm and talk his price down to something a little more reasonable for my budget. Wish me luck!

7 Things to Say:

Lisa Marie said...

lol. That's too funny. I can give you some free training advice to get you into skinny jeans. (Not that I follow my own advice cuz if I did I would be in MY skinny jeans too.) Cut out sugar from your diet as much as possible (expecially soda!). Don't eat out at fast food restraunts. Do cardio 3x a week for 30 min, and lift weights. Muscle burns more calories than fat. That's my free trainer advice. Although, if you do pay that much money, you're not going to slack off. So pretend you're paying someone a lot and you'll lose the weight. :)

Jen said...

Ok! 1st of all this totally happened to me before!
Yes, trainers are totally expensive- but you've just to find a cheaper one there if you ask.

I got a trainer a couple years ago. We trained 2 x's a wk for approx. $600.00...... I only lasted 3 wks- then found excuses why i couldn't go.

What a waste of $$$$-Whatever you do, don't give up like me!

Whitney said...

ya he sounds spendy!! if i did my math correct he comes out to $50 per session?? are they half hour or hour sessions??? once upon a time i did have a trainer as well :) i got him for $22 per half hour session - but i tell you what - i made sure i went to every session because he would still charge me if i was a no show! however .. i do have a friend that goes to a trainer and she pays $20 per session and each session is an hour! i was so bugged when i found out cuz i got ripped! anyway it's not a gym - he and his girlfriend do training in their own little studio - email me if you want me to get you more info! p.s. i feel your pain on being measured in public-happend to me more than once :)

onehm said...

DOH! That's just not right.
The measuring, and the $$!
Good luck talking him down- it sounds like "the popes" have the hook-ups!

Kaci said...

Jenny,
Cute blog, you are so funny! I can relate to being to addicted to french fries, I lived on them when I was pregnant. Still love potatoes in any form, aren't they vegetables??? Anyway I have a friend that totally helped me after I had Brynli. She is a personal trainer and recently started and online training business. I just got an email from her for a 3 week free trial. If you want I will forward it to you. I just need your email. Her website is www.phoenixfitnessweb.com. Good luck!

Kim & Max Willis family said...

hey jenny! kim willis- hey i was working out there at fitness works for a year and i know Brian! if his last name is mcdonald then its the brian i know! anyways tell him that i know you and maybe he can cut you a deal! i haven't been to the gym forever and my membership ends this month so im done!! good luck with that!!

The Ayers Family said...

Chris has lost 20 pounds in a month doing slimFast- he sucks