Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holidays

So this Holiday Season you could say I was a bit of a Grump.
I was self absorbed and sad about all of the things that I didn't have and couldn't change.
Until all of our family came into town.
It made me realize that Christmas time is all about service and being with the ones you love.
I felt so silly for acting so selfishly.

SO thankfully because I turned around my attitude, Jeff and I had a really wonderful Christmas.

So that this isn't a pictureless post, I have some pictures of my new flower garden given to us by my Daddy for Christmas. He picked out the flowers and planted them too. I am so excited for these babies!!
This is a full view of the flower bed. I am in love. Makes me feel really homey.
Here is a picture of our first Rose Bud coming up!
Then we have these pretty ones, I can't remember what they are called, but I think they are my favs!!
And lastly, some yellow pansies.

I hope everyone had a good holiday season filled with joy and love and I am looking forward to a new year with a new attitude.

5 Things to Say:

Jen said...

I LOVE gardening! I just makes me happy, I can't explain it:)
Love your little garden. I have one recommendation; you can used some wood chips to fill in the bed. it seriously make is even more beautiful and they are only a couple bucks a bag at Home depot. For that size of bed I would get 3 bags. I'll email you a before & after pic of my flower bed so you can see the difference:)

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I hear ya on the attitude, mine needs adjusting..

Love your flowers, it makes me want to plant some at my house too :)

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you have flowers in January! I can't wait to get home and start working on my garden. Maybe you can give me some tips on flowers- I haven't tried those yet!

The Boothes said...

Pretty flowers!

The Sorensens. said...

cute jenny - i love the flowers! and im glad you ended up having a good christmas :)