Monday, June 23, 2008

Endurance

I think I am finally at a place where I can post about this. Last Tuesday I was let go from my job. It was honestly one of the most difficult things I have gone through in a really long time. I absolutely 100% LOVED my job and was heartbroken at the news that I was being let go. Finances are really tight and Jeff and I have never really had to deal with that, so it's a new adventure for us. I haven't cried in 2 whole days and that is quite the accomplishment for me. SO I am actively looking for a job and I haven't had any bites yet, but I haven faith that something good will come along.

Thanks to countless friends and family, I am finally in a place where I can say that I think this is for the better and I know something GREAT will come out of this. The sweet girls that I used to work with sent me flowers on Friday and I have gotten phone calls and emails form lots of people with support and encouragement.

My goal for the coming weeks is to endure and hang in there. I know that I will find something!!

4 Things to Say:

Mallory said...

oh jenny i am so sorry! i know how you feel. i have been let go AND i am currently not working because of the new baby and it is very hard financially but the lord will help us i just know it! My husband works at bank of America doing phone customer service in the fraud dept. i dont know if you like working on the phones, but its a great job, and they pay really well and they have really flexible hours. AND starting in 2009 you would get 3 months payed time off to have a baby! Isn't that crazy! if you want more info let me know. hope everything works out for you.

Lisa said...

Jenny that's terrible! If you get desperate for a job you can always try UOP. What Mormon doesn't work there?! The pay isn't great but you get free schooling, so that's definitely nice. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in this tough time. :)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Jenny- you are in my prayers tonight girl. I recently saw the Emma Smith movie. UNBELIEVABLE. I love her. I can't wait to sit down and talk with her someday. She keeps me going in my own life Jenny. I left that movie having learned a lot, but one thing engraved in my mind even more was that our Heavenly Father will not give us a trial we can not handle. So you remember that girl- tears are okay!! You will look back at this shortly and be a stronger person from it. You will be able to help those people you come in contact with through out the rest of your life who may have lost a job at some point. You will be a shoulder they can cry on.
Hang in there cute girl.

Kami Milliron said...

I think it's awesome that you look at this experience as an opportunity to change things for the better. Not everyone has that attitude, but I think they should.

Good luck Jenny !