Yesterday I had the day off and I must say that I had an all around good day! It really all started Tuesday night when I got a call from my OB/GYN's office...and no I'm not pregnant. Last week I went and had a bunch of blood work done because I have really been struggling with losing pounds and I have almost felt like my body has been fighting against me. So I just wanted to check all of my hormone levels to make sure everything was working OK.
Well Tuesday night I got a call from Linda the the OB/GYN's office and she said that I didn't have anything life threatening that would prevent children, YEAH!! But that my thyroid was basically not working at all, which is called Hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed with this like 6 years ago, but every other time after that everyone said it was normal, so I thought nothing of it. Well having a non-functioning thyroid explains SO MUCH! Why I get sick so much, am tired all the time, having trouble losing weight, ALL EXPLAINED!! So all I have to do now is go see my regular doctor, have him look over the tests and get on some medication! I was so relieved! In my mind I was thinking the worst because I guess that's the kind of person I am....so I am SO glad I was wrong.
SO GOOD!!!! I had the baked potato soup and half tuna on whole wheat!! I was in heaven, healthy heaven, but heaven. Then we went and did a little window shopping at the Orange Patch Boutique and found tonz of stuff that I wanted but couldn't afford!! Went to the eye doctor, got approved for Lasik surgery, YEAH!! Went and got some groceries at good ol' Walmart, made dinner and went to mutual!
So it wasn't a totally eventful day, but the great news Tuesday night made my day...heck it's making my week! And the new episode of The Office is on tonight and what could get better than that!!







9 Things to Say:
So my Mom had thyroid problems when she was our age and she would constantly miscarry her babies. (Not trying to scare you or anything, primise.) They put her on some medication and she got better enough to have kids, but not ever completely better. She has been doing a ton of research over the years and has found that taking iodine cures hypothyroidism. It is a completely safe, natural thing, as opposed to the medication that your doctor might give you. I suggest you TRY iodine for a little while and then go get retested by your doctor after a few months and see if it doesn't do the trick. Hope I don't sound too crazy. :) Here are some websites my mom gave me for you to check things out on your own.
www.stopthethyroidmadness.com
www.iodine4health.com
And if you want to try iodine, you can buy it here:
http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=9140
Well i'm glad the mystery was solved. I hope the medication works and you are able to accomplish all your goals in good health.
First of all .. I LOVE CRACKERS ! I go there all the time with my Mom and Sisters. The one of Greenfield and Brown is a straight shot from my House !
It is such a Blessing you were able to find out what was wrong and that you shouldn't have problems having Kids down the road ! I had the hardest time losing weight after I had my Son. He is almost 3 now and I still have a little weight to go before I am happy. But I went to my Family Doctor and got on a Medication called Phentermine. If your Doctor will let you do it, you should try it. I have used it for a year now and I am not huge into working out like you are. I work out, but it is like walking a little everyday. Nothing like what you do. I admire your work out regime ! But back to what I was saying, I started taking it last April and I have lost over 50 pounds ( I gained about 70 with my Son. I know, so gross ! ) So maybe think about that and look into it. I have converted a few people to it and it has really worked for them too. It is the first FDA Approved weight loss medicine and it totally gives you energy without making you feel shaky and jittery. I will tell you more about it at Bunco if you're interested.
I seriously love the Orange Patch! And yah, I'm never allowed to go there with my purse again since I got in trouble after a Christmas rampage... Big trouble.....
I'm so glad that everything is alright. That can be scary! And YAY on the OK for kiddos. I would never wish infertility on anyone!
Glad that you had a nice day.
That's what she said:) I would love to hear more about this thyroid thing, because oddly enough, I've been trying to lose weight and haven't been able to but in a creepily hard way.
What's all the fuss about? You look amazing! Yes I am very sorry to hear about the health scare but for cryin out loud, you're freakin HOT! Hope everything continues to go well. I've heard about Thyroid problems before... very yucky and not fun. Thank goodness the office is back!? That's always comforting! Take care. I love your template!!
My mom was diagnosed with the same thing after her fourth baby. She has been taking the little thyroid shaped pills since- almost 20 years. I'm totally going to research that stuff about iodine. Sounds interesting... thinking about babies!?!?
Can you get me a phone number for Lisa's mom, my mom wants to talk to her about that iodine treatment.
Post a Comment