I've been procrastinating this post a little bit because it has taken me ALL weekend to get through this...but here I go... last week when I weighed in, I gained a pound....I was pretty upset about it, but thought maybe it's just muscle. I scaled down to a 1300 calorie diet all week...got my butt kicked at the gym everyday, started to go 75 flights of stairs on the StairMaster instead of 50 and have been ridiculously exhausted.
I got up on Saturday morning, nervous but ready to weigh in and see my progress...I did my 30 minutes with the trainer and then got on the scale.....I was the exact same as the previous week....NO CHANGES!! I was so frustrated and upset and discouraged....you name it. I came home to my sweet husband and cried for what seemed like an eternity. I know I must be losing inches because I can feel and see a difference, but in my mind, when I get on that scale I feel like a failure if those numbers don't go down....so all weekend all I wanted to do was eat....but against my better judgement, I kept to my diet....I didn't have my measurements because we ran out of time, so I will be doing that tomorrow.
Jeff gave me a big hug and the greatest pep-talk I have ever had, and I could tell that he was being honest with me and wasn't just blowing smoke up my skirt. So waking up this morning, I am lowering my calorie intake to 1200 and I am going to work just as hard. I'm going to change up my diet a bit and cut back on the calcium and up the proteins.
But I need to say thank you to you all for your comments and support, because this is one of the hardest things I have ever done. But I especially need to thank Jeff. He has been SO good to me, supporting me and helping me try to reach my goals. I am still really upset that I've only lost 3 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks, but I am determined to not quit and to reach my goals!!
So here's to another grueling week....
Alphabet Month: October Photo A Day Challenge 2026
17 hours ago






9 Things to Say:
Keep going!!! You're looking amazing... I should have told you last night, but I was in a funk! any ways- you're awesome and thatnks for the comment!
DO NOT give up! You can totally do this. Loosing weight is so very frustrating. It will come, just wait!
Love you girl!
Keep up the good work, it will pay off in the long run and for now just focus on how great you feel and how much healthier you feel! You posts are slowly getting me motivated. When we get back from Utah I am going full force.
YOU GO GIRL!!! they don't call it hard work cuz it's easy :) you are doing great and your determination is UNSTOPPABLE!! once your muscle starts to take shape(which is sounds like it already is) you definitely will feel like your weight is at a standstill. just remember muscle weighs more than fat - so what may feel like a slump - is really you toning up your muscles. once youre muscles have begun to grow and take shape you will notice the weight beging to fall again! trust me i know how depressing it can be when the numbers don't add up to what you think they should be!! you are a champ and you will see that all your hard work is paying off-even as i type :) !!!
Just remember that good things come to those who wait ! It might take some time to get the results you want, but you're doing things the right way and that means that the weight will stay off for good.
Keep your chin up Jen, you're doing the best you can and the results will come ! We'll be seeing you on " Baywatch The Movie " before you know it ; )
Oh I know that hurt!! I am so sorry. But I have to agree...don't give up! It's worth it!!
Will it help if I tell you that your photos are (finally!) done and that I am dropping a CD off to your mom tomorrow?? ;)
I'll share a little secret with you: get pregnant and sick and you'll throw up the rest of your goal! I always whine that I want to get back to my first trimester physique.
I am now so excited to be done with nursing so that I can cut calories and eat less. If I ever eat less I feel like collapsing from fatigue.
Oh, and I totally agree with The Ayers Family. I think I looked my best ever during my first trimester. My Mom said I looked emaciated, but I was loving that tiny, sexy body. lol
It absolutely has to be muscle! I'm so sure it is! You look too darn cute for words though. Love the updated photos. If you ever want to go to Jazzercise with me it's a great time! Let me know. Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Post a Comment