Saturday, June 2, 2012

Empty


Every so often when I have had a hard day or tough week, I start to feel kind of empty.

This had been one of those weeks for me. 
Until Wednesday.
My sweet dad sent me a text to see if I had read an article in this months Ensign yet.
I told him I hadn't read it but it was earmarked for me to come back to.
(I'm kind of a beginning to end kind of person when it comes to reading a magazine.)
He told me to read it and give him a call after I had read it because he wanted to share something with me.

As soon as my Dad says jump, I usually say how high.
I always trust in his judgement and promptings so I sat right down and started to read.

Learning To Cope With Infertility
By Carolynn R. Spencer

I finished reading, had some promptings of my own and proceeded to call my Dad.

It was probably one of the best conversations I had ever had with my Dad.
He had managed to FILL all of the emptiness that I had previously felt that week

The details of my conversation I am going to keep private but I made sure to write them in my journal.
It was one of those special experiences that you never forget and will carry with you for the rest of your life.
I can't thank my Dad enough for listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

1 Things to Say:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that article! And I love your dad. When Aaron found out that bad news (you know what I'm talkin about) your dad came over the next morning at 8 am in a white shirt, ready with scriptures in hand, to give out some much needed Father's blessings! I'm grateful your dad is in tune too!