Mothers Day is always a bittersweet day for me.
Sweet:
I love my momma more than any words in the English language could describe.
She's classy, goofy, fun, creative and a spiritual GIANT.
She is more than my mom, she's my sister and my friend.
She is ALWAYS there for my good times and bad, happy and sad.
I know without a doubt that she was meant to be my mother.
Bitter:
I am not a mother. It's an incredibly difficult thing to live with every day. Especially on mother's day.
My heart aches with pain and sadness more on this day than any other.
I do know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me.
I know He loves me.
I know He doesn't want me to be sad.
But I also know He is okay if I am.
Someday I hope my heart and mind can change enough so that Mother's Day is only sweet,
but until then...







2 Things to Say:
Hugs to you Jen. I understand that bitter / sweet feeling. Of course mine is in a different way than yours : when Mother's Day rolls around, I appreciate my boys so much but I feel sadness for the loss of my only daughter. And when Father's Day rolls around, it is sad for me because my Dad is gone. I feel your pain and I hope you know you're not alone. I sure do appreciate how honest you are with your feelings. It's refreshing to hear people who share how they truly feel instead of always sugar coating it.
I'm planning the cutest OWL...everything shower for you...we're not giving up...it's just not your time!!! someday you'll understand, but until then, love that cute little man you're married to!!
Post a Comment