Monday, March 12, 2012

Ham & Cheese Roll Ups

I'm trying to be adventurous yet simple with my cooking because let's face it, after working all day, who wants to come home and slave in the kitchen all night making dinner?

Here is a fast and easy one that can have a lot of variety:

1 can Crescent Rolls
Slices of Ham
Slices of Swiss Cheese
a little butter

Roll out your rolls and lay them flat, add in your ham and cheese, as thick as you like it





Roll them up and put onto a non greased baking sheet, I brushed a little bit of butter on the tops of the rolls.

Baked them for 12 minutes at 350 Degrees
Dropped them to 300 Degrees for another 6-7 minutes.

They were delicious, needed a little more flavor so next time I think we'll try some pastrami or turkey and have some kind of dipping sauce.

3 Things to Say:

Bev said...

They sound delish!!! I'm a sucker for ham and cheese any anything in a crescent!! I'll have to give them a try!

Lisa Marie said...

Sounds very similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu, only without the chicken. It would probably taste good if you brushed them with butter and then sprinkled bread crumbs on top, or crushed up croutons. I love the crunch that adds. Then as a sauce, mix 1 part cream of chicken with 1 part sour cream. Heat the sauce in a pan on the stove. Yum. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Jen said...

i wonder if some spicy mustard spread in there before rolled would be good.

With crescent rolls the possibilities are endless. Love them!