Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spiritual Experience

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to sing in Church.
I was notified of this upcoming events weeks in advance, but for some reason I had the hardest time thinking of which song to sing.
Now, usually when I get asked to sing I immediately have a song in mind. This time was not so much the case.
I really struggled in trying to know which song would be the best for that meeting.
As time came closer to Sunday I knew that for my pianists sake, I should really pick a song.
So I decided to just choose one I have done before with my piano player so that a little amount of practice would be required.
I chose:
"I Stand All Amazed"
I have a really pretty version that I like and is fairly simple and pretty.
I had a run through Friday afternoon and felt pretty good about my choice.
Come Sunday morning, I had this overwhelming feeling that there was a specific purpose that this song was chosen. I was just praying really really hard that I was not going to be too emotional during the song so that I could portray the message that needed to be heard.
Long story short, as I wrapped up my Sunday meetings, the song went well.
I came home and realized that the song choice was perfect for me.
I had the incredible chance to realize all of the blessings that I have been given.
I do need to realize more often the blessings that I have. The words of that song hit me so hard and I felt the spirit so strong. And most of the time I am amazed at the love my Savior offers me because most of the time I don't feel deserving, but that is the reason and blessing of the atonement.

6 Things to Say:

angiedunn said...

you weren't the only one! did you see me bawling in the audience by any chance? it was absolutely beautiful/amazing & i've been meaning to tell you.

Bev said...

Yeah, I'm right behind Angie! But, I always love to hear you sing....and every time I do it's an incredible experience I can find no other place!! That song was need by many of us!! Thanks Jenny for sharing your beautiful testimony with us!! PS....you looked so thin too!! Beautiful!!

Laurel said...

That is a really cool experience. I didn't realize you were a singer...so cool. I would love to hear your arrangement. Thank you for this message, you are such a good influence on me. :)

Afton Crum said...

You sounded beautiful too! That song is my favorite hymn. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents!

muth said...

It is always a pleasure to play for you! Can't wait for the next time.....soon. :)

It's all Good- The Allen Fam said...

I would love to hear you sing sometime. I really love that song too...I bet it was absolutely beautiful!! Experiences like that are the best.