One of the goals I set for the year was to try and cook one thing I have never cooked before.
Last night's task was Lasagna
(I wish I could tell you that this was a picture of the one I made, but it's not.
I forgot to take a picture before we devoured it.)
I used me mom's recipe and it turned out pretty good.
It was seriously not as hard as I had always imagined.
I used real Ricotta Cheese and I didn't like it very much, because I didn't really get the flavor I was looking for. But for the most part, I was really satisfied with the way it turned out.
Another goal is to post about my progress with each new recipe I try.
So 1 down, many more to go!!







3 Things to Say:
Cooking is a daunting task to me.. I always worry about making something Tyler will like and last night it finally happened.. he high fived me for dinner!! Who would have thought that Navajo tacos would have been the meal to do it. I think it's awesome that this is one of your goals, I need to make it mine too!
Yummy! I can't believe you have never made lasagna. I always just use cottage chz, however Scott hates it. I tell him to just buck up and eat it. But sometimes I am feeling nice and leave a little section cottage chz free just for him :)
can't wait to see what else you cook. Maybe it will give me ideas too.
I think you ought to post your recipes too. We'll be your guinea pigs to try things out on. Good job...what a fun goal!
Post a Comment