Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Adventures in Yogaland

So a couple of weeks ago I declared to the world that I wanted to loose some
extra poundage that has been put on lately.

Well, I have a few back problems so most ordinary exercises are not comfortable.
So I have been looking for new things to try out to help me get my heart rate up and
BURN SOME FAT!!!

So I have the P90X videos and I decided to put in the one labeled Yoga.
I figured this couldn't be too painful, right?
WRONG!

Please don't get offended by this next comment because it is only intended for myself.

I don't think Yoga was invented for Fatty's.
I lasted about 30 minutes before falling over in pain because I don't think my body was
ever meant to bend like that.
Even though I was only doing the moves with a DVD, I could feel the downward facing dog getting the best of me and my love handles!

I think this program is intended for people who have lost the major poundage and are
looking for a way to tone up.
As I hope to someday fall into that category, I can honestly say that I definitely have a long way to go.

Needless to say, I don't think I will be venturing into Yogaland until I have lost some significant weight.

Ah, don't you just love exercise??
(I hope everyone sensed the sarcasm in the above sentence)

8 Things to Say:

Kami Milliron said...

No, I thought you really meant that you LOVE exercise. Wait . . you don't ? Who could NOT love exercise ; ) I also hope you sensed my sarcasm as well. If you ever find yourself in this position again ( no pun intended ) call me and I will bring some treats over. Eating burns calories - right ?!

Bev said...

I could have told you Yoga wasn't for FATTY'S-just keep at the walking and chasing Jeff around...it's more fun than Yoga anyway!

It's all Good- The Allen Fam said...

Jenny I love your sense of humor..you are such a beautiful young lady...don't be too hard on yourself...I feel your pain!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I did P90X for six weeks before I got preggo and I remember how hard the Yoga was but I also remember how much it helped my flexibility. At first I was SO stiff and it was HARD, then the more I tried and just did what I could the better it got. Also.. the first 40mins or so of the Yoga is INTENSE.. maybe start out by fast forwarding to the second half, its a lot more standing poses and will help you stretch out. It sounds nuts but I would totally stick with it.. I wish you could see how awkward I am when I work out, it would make you feel so much better LOL

Jen said...

No way, you can still totally do yoga right now. I agree though that it will be easier once some weight has been lost.
Do you have a step? I LOVE step aerobics & kick boxing- give those a try:)
Don't give up!

Lisa Marie said...

Even people who are super skinny find the P90X yoga FREAKING hard. Yoga is a hard one to get into (in my opinion). My back was killing me after I had my first kid. Google some back exercises and do those for a while. A lot of times we work our front muscles because we see them and we neglect our back sides.

The Sorensens. said...

Love your background jenny! and oh my gosh...

(me thinking of a clever comment)

...
...
...

nope, couldnt think of one - i just love you! :)

Anonymous said...

You totally made me snort! I was laughing so hard. Do you know why??? BECAUSE I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU SISTER! I've been doing P90X too and I'm like hmmm....that skinny girl doesn't have rolls of fat jiggly every time she jumps...hmmm...of course she can do pull-ups...she' only got like 100 pounds on her! ;) Yeah...totally been there.